Managing Complex Commodities
Companies that generate and trade power are faced with unprecedented price volatility in the commodity market. The ability to manage commodities at the lowest cost and conduct business with minimal risk is a constant challenge.It is critical to the success of a power market participant to have an integrated software solution that can manage the power life cycle from capturing physical and financial trades to planning, forecasting and settlement. To maximize profits, power companies need to know their positions and exposures in real-time. As commodity prices fluctuate, they need to see exactly how this will affect their operating margins, so they can take proper action to hedge against the effects of market volatility.
The InstaNext Solution for Power
InstaNext’s advanced software provides user-controlled reporting and analytics, helping customers make better business decisions. The InstaNext platform provides all necessary tools for managing physical and financial trading, procurement, and market risk. Whether it’s long term contracts or one time fixed price agreements, InstaNext supports both physical and financial contract capture along with complex pricing algorithms, which enables users to cover their commodity needs.
- Capture load/generation forecasts
- Mark to Market both physical and financial positions
- Manage all physical and financial trading in one solution
- Keep track of multiple positions and drill down to view balances/imbalances
- View hedge coverage and projected costs/revenues
- Percentage covered, wAvg prices, variance to budget
Customizable Reports & Dashboards
- Simple drag and drop report generation
- Create meaningful data visualizations
- Charts / Graphs / Maps / Grids / Pivots
- Incorporate external data sources to create a single source of information
- Securely publish and share with other users
- Export / Print in various formats (PDF, XLS, etc.)
InstaNext Commodity Trading and Risk Management (CTRM) software is available as a cloud-hosted solution and can also be installed on site. The software is widely used across the energy, commodity trading, consumer packaged goods, and agricultural industries. InstaNext supports all types of trades including forwards, futures, over-the-counter (OTC), swaps, foreign exchange, and options.