Managing Fuel Prices
Transportation companies including airlines, shippers, and truckers are exposed to large fuel price swings that can have a significant impact on a company’s overall profit. Managing price risk gives companies a competitive advantage so that price increases don’t have to be passed onto customers.
As commodity prices fluctuate, companies need to see exactly how this will affect their operating margins, so they can take proper action to hedge against the effects of market volatility. It is imperative that transportation companies have real-time, advanced systems to mitigate risk, manage positions, and optimize decision-making.
Having the ability to hedge the price risk of fuel is vital to achieve profitable operations. Companies in the transportation industry need an energy trading and risk management (ETRM) system that can deliver real-time market data and handle sophisticated transactions.
InstaNext Solution for Transportation
Many companies struggle with error-prone spreadsheets that are not reliable or sufficient for real-time scenarios. Companies need a flexible, easy to use software platform for managing trades and hedging risk, a platform that can accurately track and optimize complex scenarios. InstaNext provides visibility across physicals and derivatives, identifying exposures and enabling timely decision making. The platform tracks all relevant transactional and market data, providing real-time physical and financial position reporting. This enables companies to analyze current and projected revenues and optimize hedging program performance. With InstaNext, processes are streamlined and companies get more timely and accurate information for decision making.
- Integrated with InstaNext Market Data
- Mark to Market
- Percentage Covered
- Covered / Uncovered positions
- Weighted average price
- Forecasted vs. Projected revenues
- Theoretical Option valuations
- View hedge coverage and projected cost/revenues
- Import data from Excel
- Drill Down/Roll up capabilities
- Cash Flows
- Historical P&L as of any date
- Realized and Unrealized P&L
Customizable Reports & Dashboards
- Simple drag and drop report generation
- Create meaningful data visualizations
- Trade confirmations and invoices
- Charts / Graphs / Maps / Grids / Pivots
- Incorporate external data sources to create a single source of information
- Securely publish + share with other users
- Export / Print in various formats (PDF,XLS, etc.)
InstaNext Commodity Trading and Risk Management (CTRM) software is available as a cloud-hosted solution and can also be installed on site. The software is widely used across the energy, commodity trading, consumer packaged goods, and agricultural industries. InstaNext supports all types of trades including forwards, futures, over-the-counter (OTC), swaps, foreign exchange, and options.